Welcome to the Current Foster Parent page of the NewFound Families Virginia website!
Foster parents are vital members of the team put together to keep children safe and help them heal from the impact of abuse, neglect, abandonment, or removal from their family home. At times, the foster parent experience can be complicated and full of surprises. Foster parents face a daunting variety of physical, emotional and special needs all at once; and frequently do not know where to turn for support.
On this page, NewFound Families provides support and resources so that in spite of challenges, the experience for both parents and the children in foster care is rewarding and mutually beneficial.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns that are not addressed through the resources or support provided on this page. Contact can be made by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-888-2FOSTER.
Useful Links that address issues pertaining to Fostering Care.
- 10 Financial Considerations Foster Parents in Virginia Should Know
- 10 Things Every Foster Parent In Virginia Should Know
- Code of Ethics/Mutual Responsibilities Agreement
- Parent's Guide to VEMAT
- Selecting Your Foster Care Agency
- Welcoming Children to Your Home
- What if I am Falsely Accused of Abuse or Neglect?
- Training for Foster Care parents by the FosterClub
- Foster Parent Inservice Training